Wednesday 12 July 2017

Completely Millenial


...or How I Stopped Worrying, and Love the Blog


For those of you who are far in the future, who've dug up this blog as a desperate final attempt to explain what drove me to commit such a horrible, heinous and horrific act, you'll be sadly disappointed. All I can suggest is that my downfall really started here, the day I set up a blog. The pangs of guilt I have for setting one up are assuaged by the knowledge that reading the blog will almost definitely be worse than writing it. Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

I'm sure with such a terrible name no one expected anything worth reading anyway. But in all seriousness, please don't expect anything resembling quality writing on the blog - a large part of the reason I've set one up is to improve my writing skills. Please don't expect considered and nuanced opinions either. 'Reckon-’ is the operative part of the title, and I'll use it as a get-out-of-jail-free card at the first sign of resistance. However, I hope the blog will allow me to order and collect my thoughts somewhat, so I can at least remember what I think. 

This blog will just be content, nothing more nothing less. Sometimes it will be about academic or popular economics, and sometimes it will be 'reckons' on other subjects. I'd like to think I might write about politics and music too but I'm making no promises. Much like an election, the best strategy with my blog is probably just to expect nothing. Nine times out of 10, we will wait a very long time for an awful outcome. I'll do my best to channel my inner Corbyn when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

40 Favourite Albums of 2017 so far... (21-40)

This is part 2 of my favourite albums of the year so far. Go and read part one first if you haven't. Although saying that, they're ...